The “Significant Learning by Design II” workshop will provide an opportunity for you to continue to working on the course you began designing or redesigning in the “Significant Learning by Design I” workshop. In this follow-up workshop you will delve deeper into several of the key components of Integrated Course Design, including active learning and educative assessment. You will have an opportunity to apply and receive personalized feedback from an experienced coach and your colleagues on application activities in which you will:
- Begin building the middle (outcomes, assessments and activities in modules, units, weeks) of your course
- Determine your teaching strategy
- Design a new Active Learning or Educative Assessment Activity
- Design a Rich Learning Activity
- Develop your Culminating Activity
- Functionally and Chronologically integrate your course
- This workshop will provide those with experience in Integrated Course Design additional resources and opportunities for new levels of practical implementation. It is a facilitated workshop that includes engaged interaction and personalized feedback from your workshop coach and faculty colleagues. It is designed to be completed over two weeks and participants will spend a total of approximately 20-25 hours completing workshop activities. Active participation is required and specific due dates must be met.
This workshop has a pre-requisite. It builds on prior learning experiences related to Integrated Course Design provided through Optimize Learning or Dee Fink & Associates. You must have already completed one of the following prior to starting the “Significant Learning by Design II” workshop:
Significant Learning by Design I (online workshop through Optimize Learning)
Designing Workshops for Significant Learning (online workshop through Optimize Learning)
Two-day F2F Course Design Workshop (delivered by Dee Fink & Associates)
National Convention Course Design Workshop (delivered by Dee Fink & Associates)
You may register for both the Significant Learning by Design I and Significant Learning by Design II online workshops at the same time, but you must complete the “Design I” workshop prior to beginning “Design II” workshop.
Cost ‐ $395