Experience Significant Learning!
Through a wide variety of activities, including reading, videos, application assignments, discussion and reflection, you will apply the principles provided by Elizabeth F . Barkley and Claire Howell Major to a course of your own and receive individual feedback on your work by an experienced coach and your session colleagues in this two-week, facilitated, online workshop.
By the time you complete the workshop, you will have constructed a comprehensive course-level assessment plan that includes:
– Your learning goals profile and learning goal statements
– A statement of assessment purpose
– A selected Learning Assessment Technique that consists of an instructional activity that helps students achieve at least one of your stated learning goals along with instructions and an evaluation strategy
– An analysis and report on a set of practice data similar to the data you? ll be generating when you implement the Learning Assessment Technique in your course
– Your reflection on potential future changes you might make in terms of the Learning Assessment Techniques Cycle to continue to improve student learning in your course