Optimize Learning would like to announce a change in the management and delivery of our popular online workshops. After nearly six wonderful years designing and delivering facilitated online workshops for higher education teachers and staff nationally and internationally, Optimize is shifting its focus to the development of new projects and products for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
We are thrilled to announce that, beginning in January 2020, Bridget Arend and her company, Intentional College Teaching, will be taking over management and facilitation of Dee Fink’s Significant Learning by Design-I and II and Saundra McGuire’s Teach Students How to Learn online workshops.
Linda and Bridget have worked closely to create a smooth transition and ensure there will be no pause in the offering of these workshops. All will still have
- the same learning outcomes, activities and structure (using the model of Integrated Course Design of course),
- continue to provide the opportunity for colleagues to exchange ideas and resources and provide feedback to one another, and
- continue to provide the opportunity for all participants to receive personal feedback on submitted work from an experienced coach.
While the “look” of the workshops may change slightly and will include some new, current resources (yay!), they will otherwise maintain the same opportunities for high level engagement, assignments participants can apply immediately and directly to courses of their own and opportunities to reflect on their own learning throughout the two-week period.
Bridget has 20 years of experience supporting teaching and learning in higher education. She is the former Executive Director of the Office of Teaching and Learning at the University of Denver (DU) where she continues to teach part time. Bridget is co-author of a comprehensive book about instructional practices, Facilitating Seven Ways of Learning: A Resource for More Purposeful, Effective and Enjoyable College Teaching. She also continues to pursue research interests around teaching strategies in higher education, encouraging critical thinking in discussions, the role of reflection in learning, and alternative ways to evaluate teaching.
- For more information about workshops and current workshop dates for 2020, check out the Intentional College Teaching website www.intentionalcollegeteaching.org and/or contact Bridget through her website.
- For more information about the new directions Optimize Learning will be moving into, contact Linda directly (email@example.com).